23 March 2021, 22:00:00
Patient Health Hospital
- Qualified Infection Prevention and Control Specialist
- Sound clinical Infection prevention knowledge
- Experience in a specialist unit advantageous
- Agree to do the 2 day job profile induction programme ( within 1 month ) as well as the 3 day IP introductory course ( within 3 months)
- Excellent basic computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry.
Execute the hospital infection prevention strategy.
A well communicated and effective strategy with clearly defined objectives in line with organizational requirements.
Implement an infection prevention plan aligned to the business objectives of the business unit; and based on the historic facility experience, incidents and audit findings and Life Healthcare national targets.Lead the Infection Prevention Committee and direct reporting, investigation, root cause analysis, trending and actions of all infection related incidents or risks.Set the business unit Infection Prevention targets with the Nursing team.Comply with legal and company requirements through internal audits (laundry, sterilization and storage department, catering, healthcare risk waste, internal infection and prevention control audit), and the hazardous biological agent risk assessment.Participate in and manage the close out of findings of the Department of Health inspection.Participate in and manage the close out of findings of the external and internal QMS reviews.All close outs from internal audits, external audits and inspections are monitored and evaluated for effectiveness at MANCO and Quality Review meetings.
Surveillance and reporting to minimise infection prevention risk.
Patient and environmental risks identified and mitigated.Monitor and assess high risk patients to minimise infection risk.Monitor and assess the environment to identify and minimise infection risk.Consult with relevant subject matter experts in order to take appropriate remedial action and monitor effectiveness.Communicate infection risks, trends and actions to the MANCO, Unit Managers, Medical Advisory Committee, and Quality Review Committee.
Problem Solving and Analysis
Leading by Example
SUBMISSION POLICY/ PROCEDURE
- Internal applicants - Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
- External candidates will also be considered.
- Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
- Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.